Why you should back yourself and stay true to your values. Paul Medeiros the co-founder of The Source Bulk Foods shares how he started a retail revolution offering local communities a zero-waste shopping option.
The first store opened in Mullumbimby only a few years ago and now they have over 40 stores in Australia, 2 in New Zealand and earlier this year they opened a store in the UK.
I fell in love with the store while I was living in Mullumbimby over two years ago. I could buy my pantry items as much or as little as I liked and they all went into brown paper bags, I would fill up jars with oil. The staff were always so happy and we would share recipes, I would learn more about conscious food choices. It was the best.
Expect to listen in to a conversation about conscious shopping, working nights, doing seven days and putting your values first.
- Why you should believe in yourself
- Having a plan makes for smart business decisions
- How a tree change can change your life forever.
- Paul shares his story of how he moved his family to the Northern Rivers (2.00)
- And what he was doing before his journey began as a business owner (3.07)
- The who, what, where and how the first store came to fruition (4.35)
- What conscious shopping looks like (6.24)
- Providing customers with a choice while education (9.00)
- What the business looks like now (11.13)
- How they opened a store in the UK (11.57)
- Why they have grown organically (12.42)
- Why you should back yourself (13.54)
- Planning and writing business plans make smart decisions (15.22)
- When to take the next step (16.45)
- Some valuable advice if you are starting or already in your business (17.46)
- How Paul and his wife first started and were working 7 days a week (19.10)
- Working nights and Netflix (21.08)
- How to keep your values at the center of your business (21.50)
Links mentioned in this episode
Find out more about Paul’s business The Source Bulk Foods at https://thesourcebulkfoods.com.au/