On today’s episode, I am talking with Joey Jaurez from Dona Cholita. She is a great friend of mine and someone who keeps me motivated in life and business.
Joey and husband Jefte started Dona Cholita in 2015 they produce authentic corn tortillas that are organic and gluten-free. You can find them in over one hundred stores across Australia and on conscious café and restaurant menus.
Joey has a Bachelor of Business Management and a Major in Spanish. Plus she traveled to 23 countries before the age of 23.
And she believes that you should ‘live your dream, live bravely, do what makes you happy. Life is too short to put up with shit’.
Today we are going to be talking about how to keep your ‘why’ at the center of your business as it grows.
- Set up a support system or network to help grow your business.
- Communication is really important.
- Why it is important to look after yourself and stay aligned to why you started your business in the first place.
- There is no such thing as an easy option, trust your intuition, your gut and just go for it.
- The reason why Joey and Jefte started their business (1.49)
- How Mexico changed Joey’s life (3.15)
- What the business looks like today after starting three years ago (4.04)
- Why business are paying more for their product (5.15)
- How Joey and Jefte started their business with two kids on their back (6.05)
- How motivation and drive helped grow the business (7.56)
- How Joey’s ‘Why’ challenged her in business (9.43)
- Wondered if working more would be fulfilling (11.00)
- How Joey questioned herself when it came to the growth of their business (11.43)
- What she did to nourish herself to regain confidence and feel empowered ( 13.00)
- The secret to their relationship is revealed (14.56)
- How to get support and a different perspective (16.00)
- Meditation advice from Joey’s dad is not to be missed (17.09)
- Why you should trust yourself in Business (18.14)
- Watching your business as it grows will help you see more in your business (20.37)
- Advice for people just starting a business (21.50)
Links mentioned in this episode
Find out more about Joey and Jefte’s business – Dona Cholita – www.donacholita.com.au