I don’t have enough time – you know, that excuse that so many of us have used at times. Today is your game changer. Because I am talking with Tim Baxter of ‘Who gives a Crap’ about time management and we are going to get deep about tracking, measuring and how to automate your time.
Tim works has been playfully exploring different ways to balance work and play which has found him working remotely for the last five years.
On the productive front, as a marketer, he’s been part of a number of businesses. Co-founding a social enterprise group with 30 members whilst at university, as well as a textbook swap and sell business called Arrange Exchange. After getting a taste for marketing in the real world, he started a marketing agency to work with businesses in e-commerce, travel and creative services.
Today, his time is spent as a growth marketing manager at Who Gives a Crap, selling toilet paper which donates 50% of its profits to help build toilets and sanitation projects for those in growing countries.
If Tim’s not on his laptop, he tends to be in the frolicking in the ocean on a surfboard.
What to expect in today’s episode – Loads of way to track, measure and automate your time.
– That time is so important and should not be wasted
– Recording your wins is a super valuable practice
– So many apps to help you measure and automate your tasks – including sleep!
– Goal setting and a different approach to reaching your goals – it might include spreadsheets
• Tim shares his story of how he landed his dream role (2.08)
• The journey between point A and B (3.40)
• Short vs long goals – a chat about goal setting (5.20)
• Reflecting on your week and journaling (7.12)
• A journal keeps you motivated (8.24)
• Why you should get used to seeing the good things (9.15)
• How goals set you up to manage your time (10.21)
• Excel documents and how they can help you define your timeframes (10.50)
• Time management for your workday (11.15)
• Tim shares how he worked how long his daily tasks took (13.22)
• Reward or Avoid Punishment a discussion on how to reach your goals (14.51)
• Tips to help with time management (17.15)
• How to measure your time (17.54)
• Automation and how it can help save loads of time (20.35)
• How self-awareness plays a role in time management (22.10)
• More time management apps you should get your hands on (23.26)
• When you are wanting to create more time you need to think of it as a journey (28.04)
Links mentioned in this episode
Tim contact – www.timhasawebsite.com
People – Dr Time
Apps – Time management
Tiller – Time tracker (Tim has personally tested it prior to the launch this week)
Momentum – Measure your phone usage
Sleep Cycle (measure sleep patterns and wake up fresh)
Zapier (automate your apps)
Gmail shortcuts = Shift > ? or use this link
Time well spent – replaces online store prices with the amount of time it will take to pay off
Flux – turns screen yellow to reduce glare
Text Expander (if you send common emails or social responses, this saves them so you only need to use a hotkey)
Emoji shortcut = control > command > Spacebar
http://www.stickk.com/ – pay money if you don’t reach goals