SELF-LOVE IS THE BELIEF THAT YOU ARE A VALUABLE AND WORTHY PERSON.
YES! You did just read that correctly. You are a valuable person who is worthy – even the dictionary thinks that self-love is a bit of alright. So maybe, just maybe you are ready to give yourself the time, nurturing and love you deserve?
I believe that once you can establish your own self-love you feel empowered to do anything and everything. Your confidence and passion for life is vibrant and has you feeling amazing! – who doesn’t want that? So, I bet your thinking ‘how can I get some of this self-love stuff’.
Firstly let me tell you something. It is a journey! And it will continue for years as you grow and evolve. I have been on this journey for years and the biggest moment for me was after I had my second baby. I discovered I needed to nurture myself deeper, it was time to put me back into action and have a zest for life. And that is exactly what I have been doing ever since.
Now I would love to encourage all the mothers, to start one step at a time. This journey will make your life worth so much more and honestly your loved ones around you will thank you (I promise).
What is Self-Love?
Self-love for mums is the nurturing of your spirit and creating a positive regard for yourself. As a mother, we often put our needs after our loved ones. This is something that can leave us feeling more than just tired, incomplete and undervalued. By simply giving yourself the time to practice a few little pieces of self-love each day, your world will change around you.
Practicing self-love as a mother has a tremendous impact on our family members. As a role model to your children, we can show them that small acts of self-kindness makes us happier and whole as a person.
At the moment I am sharing with my daughter the loving ritual of doing our nails. She is all of three years old but you know what that little moment of time makes us both feel loved and beautiful at the same time. We sit together first cutting and trimming, and then finally painting our nails wild and wonderful colours that keep us happy during the week. It’s bliss.
How to Practice Self-Love
For each and every one of us, we may choose many things to do each day that will nourish our spirit. Honestly, if you can give yourself at least 30-minutes a day I think you are on your way to being a happier, vibrant and of course valuable mother.
MY TOP TIPS
- Mindful Movement: If you can wiggle your hips for 10min a day to a funky track or do 5 sun salutations or go for a brisk walk around your block. Man are you going to feel alive. Moving your body moves toxins and blockages about and will leave you feeling lighter and usually a lot happier.
- Journaling: Write it down, write it all down, the good, the bad the ugly. Get it out of your head and onto paper. Write down your goals for the week, the amazing one-liner that gets you out of bed in the morning. Journaling is a great way to reflect on your day and grow and learn.
- Silence: Take 3 big deep breaths and just be still. You may find a few minutes of meditation will boost you and your mood. Keep your stress levels down.
- Wholesome Eating: Nourish your body with wholesome foods, vitamins, and minerals. Eating well gives you the fuel to get about your day.
- Nature: Get outside, sit in the sun, take a walk, get to the beach, go for a swim stand on a mountain and just be with the environment around you. Don’t check your phone just be involved with what is going around you.
- Do something you love: It could be anything, go out with your girlfriends, take a photography course, travel, buy an amazing new dress get your hair done. Do something just for you and only you.
There are loads more things you can do for yourself I am sure, I would love to hear what you do to nourish your mind, body, and soul.